Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally in our new apartment

We are finally in our new apartment. We are somewhat settled in but still have so much more to do. The great thing about our flat(apartment) is they have most all services (internet, cable, dry cleaning, ironing..etc) within the apartment complex itself but of course no one told us that until I happened to ask another tenant, about a week after moving in. So as with everything here things take there own sweet time. So the first week in the new flat was ok, they have a playground which Joseph enjoys but he absolutely loves the pool. They have a salon in the clubhouse which is great too. Life is busy, there is always something that has to be done or fixed or cleaned. I do have someone to do the cleaning and cooking, which so far has been nice and we seem to be lucky in finding good people to help us.
My family (mom, dad, brother & sister (in-law) are coming to visit tomorrow ... and I am so excited!! They will be here for just a few days and then we will all go to Kerala to visit all the family. I haven't seen many of them for almost 9 years so it will be nice to see them and for them to meet Isaac and the boys.
Things I miss, carpet, a normal washer and dryer (we hang our clothes out to dry). I miss my friends .... it's amazing how a good group of close friends makes such a difference. I have met a few people here and we did find a very nice church. We really like it and the people are amazing.
I signed Joseph up for a tumbling class at a place called Jelly beans, he was so excited and I think he's going to have a great time. I am still looking for a school for him to attend they are all on waiting list or not taking new students until January. The term for schools here start in June unlike us where we end in June.
What else can I say about Bangalore and our life here ..well it's very different ...some good ..mostly just takes some getting used to.
The kids amaze me everyday.... so no matter where we are I am so glad that we are all together. Matthew is sitting up so well and has learned to pull himself up to stand in his playpen. Joseph is having full conversations now and has a amazing imagination ... what a big boy!!
We are all doing well ...at least this week!!
Just keep on praying for us.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I wish I could see Joseph in his tumbling class. I bet he is pretty good. What a great activity for him.

I will definitely keep praying for you all. I'm so proud of you Teena! Post some pictures of your new apartment if you can.

Have fun with your family and take care. Love you lots!

suvarna said...

Hi Teena,

Though I had read your previous posts, I was unable to comment because I didn't have a blogger id (or so, I thought). Anyway, great to hear that all of you are doing so well!

I hope you have a good experience in Kerala too! If you can, do post pictures...

Take care and good luck from us all!

Suvarna