Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Farm Living

I am a horrible blogger...a few weekends ago we spent the weekend at a wonderful little farm with some friends of ours.
We started out early Saturday morning and arrived at the farm to be served a wonderful south indian breakfast. The house was beautiful and not a typical farmhouse...we had a cook who seemed to feed us more than we could eat. They had a great swimming pool, which Joseph and Matthew loved. Our friends were great company, they have 3 boys so ofcourse Joseph had a great time. Ofcourse with a total of 5 little boys in the house it was loud and there were a few disagreements (between the boys that is)...but they learned to work some of them out and the ones they didn't we have to intervene. BOYS!!!
The farm had dogs, chickens, tukey, roosters, sheep, a cow (that I got to milk...not all it's cracked up to be...I kind of felt like I had violated the cow..lol!!)
Well the whole farm idea came from Isaac always talking about living on a farm. So when I came across the ad in a Bangalore travel guide, I thought it was a perfect trial for us....although if farm living is really, great food cooked and served, swimming and chilln' by the pool, leisurly walks, feeding the animals (since someone else takes care of them), picking fresh tropical fruit from the trees ...then I think I would do just fine living on a farm!!!

No comments: